To contact a church warden please see our contacts list for The Hills. The church that each warden is associated with is listed alongside their name.
Church History and Information:
The parish of Brompton Ralph with Tolland has two churches – St. Mary’s and St. John the Baptist.
The Church of St John the Baptist was built in the 13th century and remodelled in 1871. The church was given to the Knights Hospitaller to support Buckland Priory, Durston in 1180. After the dissolution of the monasteries in 1539 the property was held by the crown.
St. John the Baptist remains a quiet rural church in active service today with occasional services held throughout the year and at festival times.